Friday 6 March 2009

Cofessions

I have always believed in honesty: in business, in relationships, in life. The consequences of concealing worries and events from loved ones was laid bare to me today. Dropped round to K's house to catch up - a social visit, and he suddenly revealed that not only is he going to lose his house, but that he also holds himself responsible for his wife's death. He used my presence as an impetus for these confessions. This is not my teaching. He bottled up all his worries and troubles and then laid them on his family as a done deal so to speak. If he'd talked things through beforehand, he could have worked towards gradual change and resolution with the support of his family. Which brings me to another more difficult and personal subject. T. confessed to infidelity to me. This is so very hard to write, but also cathartic to express. She says she doesn't love me anymore. I cannot emphasise enough the extent to which this news has devastated me. If she had been more honest with me all along, then we could have resolved our issues. But she bottled up her doubts and they exploded in a bout of infidelity with my brother. Yes, a double betrayal from two people I have supported through so much and

I'm sorry I have to stop writing now.

This is hard. This is so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment