Monday 16 March 2009

The Kindness of Strangers

Writing this is hard. Keeping my focus with clients is hard. Getting up in the morning is hard. I've realised that I put too much of my life into my relationship with T. and now that is gone there is a hole that is letting my old demons back in. I neglected my friends because I was in love. My only comfort has come from strangers. K.'s cleaner asked to talk to me. We met in the woods at night as she wanted privacy. There was something about her, a strange calmness (strange because she seems anything but calm) that made me open up to her. She ended up helping me more than I helped her. I also met a woman in the park called Vanessa who reminded me of T. It was painful and comforting at the same time. My head felt clear when I was with her. I sit here looking at the bottle of vodka on my desk. Maybe the only way to clear my mind is to erase it.

1 comment:

  1. Kindness is virtue, but on the other hand if we see it has great impact on our lives as well, you don't only have to be perfect in other aspects but if you are kind you will remain alive in peoples heart forever. Everybody's life does not posses these sort of qualities but to have some like this you need to work hard on your personality, for that you might need someone to help you along. I had a great experience with the Institute for Coaching.

    www.instituteforcoaching.com

    ReplyDelete